Sunday 7 June 2015

Catching up with James Bush


It seems every city/town has a spot which its locals find hard to leave, would you say Bussy is yours?
Haha yeh man more than anything, I can only really leave if I go filming with Callun because I get a horrendous amount of abuse until we do! Haha it's all good though!

You made it out of MK to film a part it Get Lesta’s G3T, was this your first time having a part in a full length?
Yeh man! Other than that I've only filmed for a few minutes worth or two welcome jobbies, so was stoked to get one under my belt!

Did you know you were going to have first part, did Callun use it to get you to jump down bigger stuff aha?
Nah man I didn't! Had no idea, it's pretty rad he keeps it all real secretive! Haha nah I'm too much of a pussy to get that gnarly! I leave all that stuff to Charlie haha.

One of the worse things about filming a part is accepting that certain tricks just aren’t going to happen. Most notable are the hardflip in Sheffield and the Switch 360 flip. Do you have much incentive to go back and get those tricks?
Yeh agreed on that one! Maybe the hardflip but the hospital trip and 3 months off the board slightly put me off going back for the switch tre haha!

Yeah that's pretty understandable seeing as you've ended up in A&E a fair bit however, it does seem like you deal with injuries quite well what’s your secret?
Haha yeh more than my share let's put it that way! Erm well my secret tends to be not-so-secret, spending a fair bit on physio equipment. I've had free physio on the NHS and spent a few hundred on physio stuff so I can self treat whilst I'm injured basically! And I'm sure my diet of beer, steak and Mcdonald's has something to do with it haha. 

Fs smith grind. Photo Jamie Harold

You recently got back from Barcelona, what it like being out there with basically every skater from the Midlands?
Haha insane! So crazy! We kinda started to split a bit after a few boys almost got arrested at Macba, but we still met up for nights out and they were crazy! Going drinking with Timmy is the best thing that could ever happen haha.

Yeah I bet, it's a pretty common question but do you think you'd ever move out there or anywhere else for that matter?
I love Barca, love it so much but I've got a bit of agoraphobia and some issues with being in control of my life which would make it so gnarly for me to move there. If I was to move anywhere it would probably be somewhere up in the  North of England to be honest. I love England especially the North.

Did you head up North much for the filming of the Fabric promo? It must be pretty exciting getting to watch and be apart of a new(ish) company.
Yeh man went up to Newcastle a few times! Was great man, so good on a night out too! Yeh really stoked to be a part of it, they've got time for everyone involved.

With the backing of Fabric Skateboards, DC and Skate Pharmacy, do you think you'll try and pursue a 'skateboarding career' or is it something you'd like to just see how it plays out?
Haha, alright this a complicated one, I love skateboarding more than anything in the world, but that side of skateboarding is so pressure filled and shit, I don't think I'm down. Where I am right now is sick, all the fun bits without too much stress and as much as I'd love to skate and do nothing else I feel I'd lose the love for it! Might be wrong though!

Sounds like a good place to leave it. Cheers Bushy! Any last words?
Just a big thanks to everyone that hooks me up, all my mates and anyone who's helped me out over the years!

Peace!



No comments:

Post a Comment